Sunday, February 8, 2009

NY State Of Mind

Tonight I was listening to Billy Joel. And I got in the mood to post things that made me feel NY.

I know this won't resonate with everyone. But it makes me feel good. It's the closest you'll get to being a New Yorker if you don't live here I think...

Enjoy.


The Lady... give me your tired your poor ... your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.

Shea Stadium
The Daily News
The Chrysler Building

The Dakota's and John Lennon's Rome.
Spike Lee
Harlem

Coney Fuckin' Island

Rockefeller Center - On the ice where my husband asked me to marry him

Central Park


CBGB's NYC Punk Rock 70s scene where it all began


Saturday Night Live would not be without the first and second season. Thank you for being the pioneers to laughter.

Brooklyn Bridge - and my home for 6 years.... I miss you.

Mr. Billy Joel
Jews. They fucking own NYC.


NYC Subways Uptown... Downtown... East and West... Thank you for Fast and Cheap and Quick... Ha sounds like me almost! ... I would like to thank me... *laugh*


Broadway and Joel Grey. Thank you.

Dirty water Dogs.... MY FAVORITE. I take mine with ketchup, mustard, and relish. I will literally walk to a different umbrella if that middle eastern douche doesn't have relish. It's NY someone has it "My Way"

Lower East Side. The beginning of NYC. The home of the Ghettos and poor immigrants. They made what NY is today.
Checker taxi cabs ... Long live not walking cross town.... or up town... or anywhere for that matter.


Seinfeld. They encompass New NY to me.... Newer in the sense that this will always be looked back on as lasting.


And the portal to my happiness. Cheap living on this side of the water... 15 minutes from my real home...

as the t-shirt states:

I Love NY

4 comments:

SkylersDad said...

I have never been there, thanks for the tour!

Dr Zibbs said...

I just gave you the link. And is that you husband in the picture that you are roping in you Wonder Woman outfit?

Either way, what is that dude supposed to be dressed as?

Verdant Earl said...

Great post.

I love NYC too. Long Island son here, but my heart belongs to NYC.

Miss Alex said...

Thanks... I'm Jersey but not really...